Wordless Wednesday:: The Building of a Cake

|

I thought today I would walk you through the construction of my daughter's birthday cake. She turned 3 about 6 weeks ago and we threw her a princess party. Complete with this 'beautiful' castle cake, which she loved! That made it all worth it!


Wow, I've got a mess!

Improvising, whatever works!


Preparing the towers...


Time to pick up and move across the kitchen :(


Applying hundreds of fondant flowers and icing trim.


Details.


Finished!!
Not too bad for an amateur, huh?




6 comments:

Unknown said...

Whow!!!! Now THAT is love and dedication!
A lit of love went into that cake! Awesome job!

Tanya @ Life in 3D said...

That is crazy good!! You are a loving dedicated momma...I'm sure she was thrilled! Happy WW!

Market Mommy said...

Thanks ladies!! It was a bit frustrating, but I had fun with it. And, of course, her expression when she saw it made it all worth it!

Rob Monroe said...

Wow! That's an awesome cake!

Happy WW!

Set Apart Living Mama said...

What a talented mommy you are! Great job! I wouldn't want to eat it, since it's just soo darn pretty! Any little girl would soo love to have that cake for their bday! Thanks for sharing!

Glenda @ Me and Mine in a Small Town

Unknown said...

This is SO CUTE! :D I love it! Just wanted to say thanks again for stopping by my blog and welcome to Christian Mom Business Resource :)